domingo, 27 de junio de 2010

Ing in some situation

1.3.1 Verb + Gerund:

Here are some verbs that are followed by a gerund.
(These verbs can be followed by any gerund. The gerunds used in these sentences are only examples.)

I admit losing the combination to the safe.
I
advise finding a good lawyer.
I don't
anticipate waiting very much longer.
I
appreciate hearing a good joke.
I
avoid flying as much as I can.
Would you
consider selling your share of the company?
We will
delay signing an agreement.
I
deny saying that.
We must
discuss hiring more people.
I
dislike eating alone.
I
enjoy talking with new people.
I
fear losing his confidence.
When I
finish typing this, I'll help you.
I
gave up explaining my position to them.
I often
go dancing.
I can't
help thinking that we could have done better.
I can't
imagine spending that much money.
Business trips
involve waiting in airports and staying in hotels.
They
keep saying that, but they don't do anything about it.
Did I
mention seeing him yesterday?
I don't
mind working on the weekend.
I will
miss seeing you around.
They
postponed starting construction until next year.
You should
practice using set phrases.
I
quit smoking six years ago.
I
recall meeting him a long time ago.
I don't
recollect being there.
I
recommend having the New York steak.
I
resent having to sign in each morning.
I couldn't
resist telling them.
We should not
risk losing their trust.
I hope they
stop making so much noise so I can get some sleep.
He
suggested starting my own agency.
They won't
tolerate trading insider information.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario